Option 1: Taxi
Taxi fares from Logan Airport to BU run from $30–$40 depending on traffic time, which is approximately 30 minutes.
Option 2: Public Transportation - Subway
- The Massachusetts Bay Transit System (MBTA), called the T, is color-coded by line: Red, Blue, Orange, and Green. The Green Line “B” train passes right through the Boston University Charles River campus, continuing from Kenmore Square up along Commonwealth Avenue on the street level.
- From Logan Airport, take the Silver Line SL1 shuttle from your terminal to the Red Line at South Station.
- Take an inbound Red Line train from the South Station subway station two stops to Park Street station.
- Change to the Green Line outbound platform and take a Boston College (B) train. Get off at the Boston University Central stop.
- Cross Commonwealth Avenue and walk west (in the direction your train was headed). The George Sherman Union (GSU) is on your right at 775 Commonwealth Avenue.
- Time: approximately 1 hour
Please apply for your F-1 student visa early. In some countries it can take several weeks to obtain a visa from the U.S. embassy after you have received admission from CELOP - Boston University.
The University sends you the I-20 form, which is used by the student to apply for the F-1 student visa. Boston University issues the Form I-20 for study at one the Programs offered.
Once received your documents, the University will process and send you an admission letter and the Form I-20 via certified mail. Sign and date the Form I-20 when you receive it.
Check the website of the U.S. embassy of your country to see the steps you need to do to apply for the student visa F-1. Generally, you need to submit the Form I-20, your admission letter, financial documents, passport, SEVIS receipt and any other required documentation (such as transcripts or academic records) to the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate. We recommend contacting the embassy before your application to verify the embassy's specific policies and procedures. More information about a particular embassy may be found at: www.usembassy.state.gov.
Present the Form I-20 and your passport to the immigration officer when you arrive in the U.S. The officer will return your copy of the I-20 to you and will staple the Form I-94 in your passport.