Housing options in San Diego for UCSD StudentsThere are 2 Main options for international students in San Diego at UCSD
Living on campus is ideal for those who want to share with other students, meet other students from the U.S. and all over the world and live the University atmosphere of University of California San Diego.
Benefits of living on campus
- Short walk or bike-ride to classes, swimming pool, gym, and all campus events
- Apartments include kitchen with basic utensils, dining area, living room area, and outdoor patio or balcony
- Meals included at some campus cafeterias
- Sheets, blankets, kitchen utensils, and some housekeeping
- Internet access available
- Coin-operated laundry room
Things to consider
- You live with other international students
- You have to share the bathroom, kitchen, and living area; usually four or five people per apartment.
- There is only one bathroom in each apartment.
- Student-style, simple living.
- You have to follow campus rules (for example, no smoking is allowed on campus, and no alcohol unless you are over 21 and inside your room).
- The nearest cafeteria is a 10-minute walk and has a fixed schedule for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- TV and telephone not provided: installation available after move-in for an additional fee.
- You arrange your own airport shuttle (instructions provided with acceptance materials)
Request the housing application form with a representative
Apartments by Anatolia
Benefits of living in Anatolia apartments
- Free shuttle service from San Diego International Airport to your apartment for stays of 10 weeks or more.
- Close to the UC San Diego campus (15 minutes by bus or bicycle)
- Free use of UC San Diego shuttle bus to and from campus (with UC San Diego photo identification card)
- Walk to shopping, movie theaters, and restaurants
- High-quality facilities, including a swimming pool, weekly maid service, and a fitness center
- Fully furnished apartments, including sheets, blankets, kitchen utensils, cable TV, and wifi
- Includes local telephone services, utility allowance
Things to consider
- Meals are not included. A kitchen with all appliances, cooking utensils, and dishware are provided so you can cook your own meals.
- You live with other international students.
- If you rent a shared bedroom, you will share your bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, and living area (two people to a room, four to an apartment, two bathrooms per apartment). If you rent a private bedroom, you will have your own bedroom and bathroom, but still share the living area and kitchen with two other students.
- Same-gender apartments only (couple accommodations available upon special request)
For more information about Anatolia visit their website: http://www.ac-housing.com/istudent.html
Students can also book a room or an entire apartment using Airbnb. Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to book accommodations around the world..
For more information: https://www.airbnb.com/
Benefits of living with a family
- Your homestay family will meet you at the airport for an additional fee (San Diego airport only).
- You can see how Americans really live and you will have plenty of opportunities to practice English.
- You may rent a room which includes two meals a day (breakfast and dinner) or you may rent a room with no meals included.
- Clean sheets and towels are provided for you and laundry facilities are available.
Things to consider
- You must live within the rules and lifestyle set by your host or host family.
- Airport pick-up costs an additional fee(San Diego airport only).
- The average commute by bus is 45 minutes (maximum 60 minutes door-to-door).
- Internet access is available, but you will need to use your own computer.
- If you rent a room that does not include meals, you can prepare small meals and clean the kitchen when you are finished.
Some housing providers outside of the UCSD campus are: