What do I need to apply to this English Program at University of Miami - Intensive English Program in Miami?
The English Language Programs are at The University of Miami campus?
Yes, all the classes from the Intensive English Program are on the main campus of the University of Miami. The campus of UM is located in the beautiful neighborhood of Coral Gables.
Do I have to get a student visa for studying at University of Miami - Intensive English Program? How long does it take?
Yes, a visa is required for all full-time programs at UM. We recommend that you apply at least 2 months before the start of the program to allow enough time to process the paperwork and have your visa interview in your home country. Part-Time programs do not need F-1 visa, check each program for more details.
How do I Apply for a Student Visa?

Please apply for your F-1 student visa early. In some countries it can take several weeks to obtain a visa from the U.S. embassy after you have received admission from University of Miami - Intensive English Program.

The University sends you the I-20 form, which is used by the student to apply for the F-1 student visa. University of Miami - Intensive English Program issues the Form I-20 for study at one the Programs offered.

Once received your documents, the University will process and send you an admission letter and the Form I-20 via certified mail. Sign and date the Form I-20 when you receive it.

Check the website of the U.S. embassy of your country to see the steps you need to do to apply for the student visa F-1. Generally, you need to submit the Form I-20, your admission letter, financial documents, passport, SEVIS receipt and any other required documentation (such as transcripts or academic records) to the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate. We recommend contacting the embassy before your application to verify the embassy's specific policies and procedures. More information about a particular embassy may be found at: www.usembassy.state.gov.

Present the Form I-20 and your passport to the immigration officer when you arrive in the U.S. The officer will return your copy of the I-20 to you and will staple the Form I-94 in your passport.

Do you offer the TOEFL at UM?
No. However, it is offered several times a year in the area.
What percentage of students are from my country for the Intensive English Program in UM?
The percentages of students from any particular country varies depending on the time of year. Most sessions, students come from 25-30 different countries.
When do I need to pay my tuition and extra fees??
The tuition and extra fees for the english programs at The University of Miami are paid during the IEP Registration and Orientation.
Where can I live in Miami while I am at UM?
When should I arrive to Miami?
You should plan to arrive in Miami at least three to five days before the start of your session. If you have not already arranged housing, you should arrive seven days before the start of your session. The earliest you can arrive in the U.S. is 30 days before the start of your session.
What kind of facilities and service will I have access to?
As a student enrolled in the English Language Program at University of Miami - Intensive English Program, you can take advantage of many services and resources. Here you can see more information: Activities for International Students at University of Miami in Miami